Pilates Mat Teacher Training
- Identify the key muscles and muscle groups that create the core, throughout the class students will define these muscles with the movements of the Pilates exercises.
- Discuss with understanding the primary principals of Pilates.
- Students will be able to demonstrate, teach and explain all the Beginner and Intermediate exercises to a class and individual clients using clear verbal cues in the original order.
- Apply appropriate hands on techniques that are effective and confident.
- Identify clients with needed precautions and how to apply the appropriate exercises.
- Outline a written program that the student has created for the client, based on the clients needs, limitations and future goals.
- Discuss and understand contraindications in the Method related to identifying physical limitations.
- Learn to obtain a client history.
Pre-Requisites for Teacher Training:
- 10-20 hours of Pilates Mat training from an approved studio or instructor. (A list of approved studios and instructors is available upon request.)
- If any previous injuries, a doctors release is required to participate. (Students should already have this for participating in current Mat Class)
- Completed application.
- $750 when utilizing the Early Bird Special
$800 under regular registration
- Included in this is a $100 non-refundable deposit/application fee
- This is a Beginner and Intermediate Combination, no additional fees or additional weekends
- Weekend Intensive
- Final Written and Practical Exam
- Two 60-minute Skype sessions, while doing your apprenticeship ($150 value)
- Private Sessions at a rate of $50/hour, upon receiving your full payment, lasting until you complete your apprenticeship.
- Discounted Mat Class fee schedule
Not included and/or required before beginning your apprenticeship hours:
- Liability Insurance
- CPR certification (possible separate class planned)
- Retesting Fee ($100/test)
- Lost Manual ($150)
Upon completion of the 32-hour Intensive, you will be required to complete 120 hours of teaching, self practice and observation. This must be completed within six months of the class. Make arrangements with me directly, if you request more time.
Written exam first, and with successful completion you will do a practical exam. Students will be provided a client that is physically capable of doing Pilates, but will have no prior experience.
Four weeks (28 days) prior to first class, full refund
Two weeks (14 days) prior to first class, 80% refund of your $700
Less than 14 days of first class, 50% refund of your $700
No refunds after first class.
100% attendance is required. If a student misses any portion of the 32 hours, they will have the option to complete those hours, through private instruction at a rate of $75/hour. Failure to complete all 32 hours prohibits the student from beginning the apprenticeship portion.